Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Feliz cumpleaños, Frida!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRIDA KAHLO!!!

There's way better pictures of Frida out there on the Internet, but this one is one of my favorites.

Have you guys ever been to Frida's House; "The Blue House" (La Casa Azul) in Coyoacán, Mexico City? That is where her life began and ended. (Her daddy built it back in 1907 and she died there on July 13, 1954, a few days after turning 47). When I went to Mexico City, shortly after graduating from high school, I made sure that it would be one of my stops. My greatest joy was being able to see this unfinished painting she had started of Mao Tse-Tung.

Do you have any cool Frida stories; know any good web-sites; have a favorite quote; or have any awesome merchandise with Frida's picture on it? (I have little Frida and Diego fridge magnets at home). Leave a cool comment and I might just gift you one of my Frida books!

BTW, here's a web-site that lists all of Frida's paintings by year!

No comments:

Post a Comment