Friday, May 6, 2011

Hope You Haven't Been Sleeping on This...

A new video was released last week for a track on Lupe Fiasco's latest album, Lasers. The song, "Words I Never Said," hold nothing back. In fact, the very first line is, "I really think the war on terror is a bunch of bullshit." The rest of the song goes hard against the U.S. government, including the President. Lupe even dares to say that he did not vote for Obama and wont vote for him in the next elections. Besides touching on other issues like home foreclosures, the dumbing-down of the media, racism, Palestine, and even the pharmaceutical industry, Lupe even has time to throw in some criticism against non-action: "Just listening to Pac aint gone make it stop/ A rebel in your thoughts, aint gon make it halt."

I'm posting the video below and, after the jump, the lyrics for the first verse, which I consider the strongest in the song. The video, itself, shows images of people being taken by, what could only be considered, government agents. It's not as graphic or as strong as M.I.A.'s "Born Free," but still very good!




I really think the war on terror is a bunch of bullshit
Just a poor excuse for you to use up all your bullets
How much money does it take to really make a full clip
9/11 building 7 did they really pull it
Uhh, And a bunch of other cover ups
Your childs future was the first to go with budget cuts
If you think that hurts then, wait here comes the uppercut
The school was garbage in the first place, thats on the up and up
Keep you at the bottom but tease you with the uppercrust
You get it then they move you so you never keeping up enough
If you turn on TV all you see’s a bunch of “what the f-cks”
Dude is dating so and so blabbering bout such and such
And that aint Jersey Shore, homie thats the news
And these the same people that supposed to be telling us the truth
Limbaugh is a racist, Glenn Beck is a racist
Gaza strip was getting bombed, Obama didn’t say shit
Thats why I aint vote for him, next one either
I’ma part of the problem, my problem is I’m peaceful
And I believe in the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment